College of Arts and Sciences Recognition
Following the completion of the graduation clearance process, students
may obtain three (3) tickets for the COAS Recognition Ceremony from the
office of their major department.
Thursday, May 9, 2013
Rehearsal for Recognition Ceremony. This is NOT a dress rehearsal.
Burr Gymnasium (Upper Gymnasium)
Friday, May 10, 2013
John H. Burr Gymnasium
6th & Girard Streets, NW
Main Gymnasium (Section 1)
12:30 p.m. - Assembly
Graduates shall assemble in the Lower Activity Gym by department. Departmental faculty members will be present to assist prospective graduates.
1:30 p.m. - Procession of Graduates
- Dana Williams, Ph.D., Faculty Marshall, assisted by Lt. Col. Krischer and Lt. Col. Sellers, will lead graduates to STAIRWAY #4 of the Main Gym. Graduates shall remain standing until the processional of the faculty, departmental chairs, and deans is completed, and the invocation is given.
- The dean, associate deans and the senior class representatives will occupy the front row of the platform.
- Departmental chairs and directors will occupy the remaining rows on the platform.
- Faculty will be seated on floor in the front rows.
2:00 p.m. - Ceremony
- The Recognition Ceremony begins.
- Senior Class will preside (Dean will provide remarks)
- Immediately following the ceremony
The Roof Terrace of the Undergraduate Library
All degree candidates, faculty, staff, and guests are invited to attend.
Departmental chairs will present graduates to the dean by division and department as follows but not necessarily in the order printed:
World Languages and Cultures
Health, Human Performance and Leisure Studies
Sociology and Anthropology