Current Size: 100%
Center for Preprofessional Education
We look forward to meeting all of you and working with you during your collegiate career at Howard University. Please visit your department pre-law faculty advisors, pre-health advisors, and/or pre-law advisors at Locke Hall, Room 110 (2441 Sixth Street, NW, Washington, DC), or contact us by phone (202) 238-2363 or email at: email@example.com.
We offer weekly individual/group advising sessions or workshops to prepare you for applying to health professional schools.
Our Pre-Professional Advisors provide useful guidance and information on curriculum requirements and academic opportunities to prepare you at Howard University and your future professional school.
For your undergraduate success, we also offer free tutoring daily in Biology, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry and Physics.
When you are preparing to graduate and professional entrance exams, we offer special discounted rates of Kaplan test preparation courses for Howard University students. We also offer more hands-on experiences with the Med-Dent Start Summer Program at Howard University Hospital.
The Center for Pre-Professional Education support the Health Professions Society/Minority Association of Pre-medical Students (MAPS) and the Pre-Dental Society, and sponsor various activities on campus.
We offer and highly encourage you to attend the weekly individual/group advising sessions or workshops to prepare you for applying to law schools. Our pre-law advisor:
- provides useful guidance and information on curriculum requirements and academic opportunities to prepare you at Howard University and your future law school.
- encourages you to attend the CLEO Pre-Law activities and pre-law information sessions at Howard University campus as well as the Law School Admission Council’s Law School Forums in Washington, DC and New York City, NY.
When you are preparing to take the LSAT, we also offer a special discounted rate of the Kaplan LSAT preparation course at Howard University campus or your preferred location.
Superior academic achievers who fulfill specific requirements are eligible to complete the bachelors and doctorate degree in six years.
Howard University Freshman are eligible to apply for:
- Bachelor of Science/Doctor of Dentistry BS/DDS Program
- Bachelor of Science/Doctor of Medicine BS/MD Program
- Bachelor of Science/Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
We provide comprehensive individual academic and professional curricula advisement based on the student’s background and major. Services are available to all students in:
- Medicine (Allopathic and Osteopathic Medicine)
- Allied Health
- Dental Health
- Graduate School
- Law School Public
- Health Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Veterinary Medicine
We offer preparation for standardized tests for admission to professional schools. Comprehensive review classes and assistance are available to students for the following exams:
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT)
- Law School Admissions Test (LSAT)
- Dental Admissions Test (DAT)
- Optometry Admissions Test (OAT)
For more information, please visit the CPE at Room 110, Locke Hall.
We offer free tutorial services in:
- Organic Chemistry
Tutoring sessions are available in-person (Monday to Fridays) or online, evening or weekend sessions.
Students can schedule the tutorial sessions with our tutors.